Centre for Stories is seeking an energetic, creative and skilled marketing professional to join our team. This is a part-time position pro-rated to three days per week and is based at the Centre for Stories in Northbridge.
The Marketing Officer will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and work closely with a small team of dedicated, dynamic and multi-skilled people.
We’re committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage applicants from all walks of life, specifically Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, culturally and linguistically diverse people, and people living with disability.
Position Title: Marketing Officer
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Staff Reporting to: Nil
Hours: Part time, three days per week
- Developing social media content plans and campaigns that are consistent with Centre for Stories’ brand and identity.
- Brainstorm marketing and social media content, individually and with the team.
- Maintain and ensure branding is consistent across all platforms (website, social media, traditional publications).
- Email marketing: Create and distribute email communications including monthly newsletters, donor and audience engagement.
- Develop online communication, events and fundraising materials including video content, fundraising and events campaigns.
- Monitor media opportunities.
- Assist with the annual events calendar, fundraising and community engagement activities.
- Identify new event and fundraising opportunities and develop proposals.
- Provide support for events to be run in regional locations.
- Create, implement and manage SEO strategies.
- Manage and oversee photography and video production for marketing purposes.
- Creating consistent and meaningful content on website and all social media platforms, including writing and editing social media posts, improving customer engagement, and promoting social media campaigns.
- Create and schedule engaging social media content across platforms: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Active Campaigns.
- Using analytical tools to monitor and evaluate the company’s social media presence and performance.
- Interact with followers on Centre for Stories’ social media accounts by replying to comments, questions and answering messages.
- Monthly social media reporting.
- Supervise marketing intern.
- A tertiary degree in marketing and/or at least three years’ experience in marketing.
- Ability to produce and deliver engaging social media content (particularly Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn).
- High level of verbal and written communication skills including proofreading and editing skills.
- Strong attention to detail and an eye for visual design.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Basic proficiency in Adobe Create Suite and/or Canva.
- Experience using Google Ads, Google Analytics and Google Marketing Platform Suite.
- In-depth understanding of SEO, including writing SEO content.
- Proficiency in Mailchimp, including campaign management, audience management (segmentation, tagging, lists, etc.), automation and metrics.
- Ability to work independently and with a small team of employees and volunteers.
- Keen interest in the arts and cultural sector.
- Skill in filming and photography.
- Experience in managing social media accounts or content creation for businesses.
Conditions of Employment
Salary $60,000 – $70,000.
Two-year fixed term contract with possibility of ongoing employment.
Four weeks annual leave. Additional paid leave from Christmas Day to the end of the first week of January.
Working with a team that is committed to inclusion and embraces diversity.
Three-month probationary period.
How to Apply
Please read and follow instructions carefully.
This position is open to Australian citizens and residents with permission to work full-time in Australia. Your application must include the following:
- Cover letter addressing all the selection criteria.
- Copy of your CV including two referees.
- Portfolio of work or links to website samples.
Please direct applications and queries to Claudia Mancini: email@example.com
Closing date for applications is at 5pm (AWST) on Wednesday 11 August 2021.