UPDATE: Due to a highly competitive round of submissions we will be closing pitches for Journal on 31 July 2020.
Journal is a space for creative non-fiction hosted here on our website. Three times a week, every week, we’re sharing your stories of real personal experiences.
We’ve received many submissions already, but the doors haven’t closed just yet! Submissions for round one of Journal close 31 July 2020.
Details on how you can submit to Journal are below.
Journal is funded by our Founders Circle, the Copyright Agency and the Department of Local Government, Sports and Cultural Industries,
We want your stories of creative non-fiction about real personal experiences. This could be about migration or daily life, sexuality or labour, family or relationships. It is about responding directly or indirectly to the pandemic, and situated in a longer historical sense. We want a mix of stories and style.
We are looking for:
– A short 100 word bio and links to websites and social media,
– A pitch of 100 words about what you plan to write,
– Completed pieces will be between 800 and 1200 words,
– Writers from Perth, especially from CaLD and First Nations writers,
– International writers from the Indian Ocean are welcomed as well,
– You will be paid AUD$150 upon publication.
What to include in your pitch?
A proposed title, a fifty word description of what you will write about, a two-sentence summary of your writing style, three authors that have influenced your writing, and a biographical statement.
View the full guidelines, terms and conditions here.
Please submit your pitch to firstname.lastname@example.org