The Centre for Stories would like to hear from you! We have received funding from Copyright Agency, our Founders Circle, and the Department of Local Government, Sports and Cultural Industries, to support local writers to contribute to an online column hosted on our website.
We’re calling this project, Journal. We want your stories of creative non-fiction about real personal experiences. This could be about migration or daily life, sexuality or labour, family or relationships. It is about responding directly or indirectly to the pandemic, and situated in a longer historical sense. We want a mix of stories and style.
We are looking for:
– – A short 100 word bio and links to websites and social media,
– – A pitch of 100 words about what you plan to write,
– – Completed pieces will be between 800 and 1200 words,
– – Writers from Perth, especially from CaLD and First Nations writers,
– – International writers from the Indian Ocean are welcomed as well,
– – You will be paid AUD$150 upon publication.
What to include in your pitch?
A proposed title, a fifty word description of what you will write about, a two-sentence summary of your writing style, three authors that have influenced your writing, and a biographical statement.
View the full guidelines, terms and conditions here.
Please submit your pitch to email@example.com